Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Memories...

In cleaning up after myself on my computer, I found the link to this blog. I had forgotten I even HAD a blog! I considered deleting it, but then I saw that there are actually people still reading it. The best option seems to be to pick up and start writing here again.

A few things have changed since I last posted here. I finished my time at Central Hunterdon Baptist, and have returned to Colts Neck Community Church. (Guess I need to fix their order on my links sidebar!) I now serve as the Christian Education Director for CNCC. I still have my "day job" working with special needs students, and my family situation hasn't changed much, except for having another kid in college.

Since I'm not preaching regularly at present, the "Sunday sermon" isn't appropriate anymore. I'll probably start delving into subjects I'm studying on my own, material I'm teaching, and some excursuses (yes, that is the proper plural) on discipleship and Christian education in general. I'll also provide my take on certain current events and issues as they arise.

One of my takeaways from my time at CHBC was learning sign language through the Deaf ministry of the church. I'll be adding some ASL links to my sidebar as well. I can't sign on the blog, and with my limited vocabulary it wouldn't be very interesting anyway, but perhaps it can give some insight into working with a population that has a specific need that we as the church don't often meet.

I'm not promising a steady stream of posts, but I do hope to become more active than I have been over the past year or so (which is hardly setting the bar too high). I hope those of you who have read my posts in the past will continue to join me for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment