Saturday, August 18, 2018

Many years later...

OK,it's actually only about two years since I last posted on this forgotten blog. Yet rather than start a new one, I thought I'd come back and restart this one so I don't lose my past content. While it was written a while ago, most of it deals with subjects that aren't tied to the current events of the time. Perhaps some is still of value.

What do I plan to do with this blog now? Pretty much the same thing I did in the past. I want to write about Bible passages I study, theology, apologetics, and philosophy, and general observations about the world. It's surprising how much the questions raised by our world have changed in two years. I want to look at some of those questions even as I write about other aspects of my study.

I've also started to learn a new skill since I last blogged- American Sign Language. I'm not close to fluent yet (I have exactly one year of college study under my belt), but it is something I will continue to pursue. Learning a new language makes you think about concepts and how we express them, and forces you to dig into your own language a little more. I may refer to some of the insights I am gaining from ASL as I go along.

I don't expect a huge wave of followers, especially as blogging is one of those things that has kind of faded in the past two years. People are tweeting, texting, and Instagraming now. I just can't wrap my head around sound bite discussions. I prefer a somewhat longer form, and blogging is my "short" way to communicate. Even if only a handful of people read this, I hope it is helpful to you.

So welcome back to my study! I hope we can journey together through God's Word, a Christian worldview, and the way they apply to our world today. I am looking forward to keeping you informed periodically as we travel this path together.

No comments:

Post a Comment